What is the difference between Life Coaching and Therapy?
- Client is self aware; and has the desire for life to go from ‘good’ to ‘great’
- Coaches do not diagnose
- Coaches act as a guide
- Focus is on present growth and expansion moving forward
- Progress is enjoyable
- The client is responsible for their own life
- Life coaches focus on the “how” of moving forward and expand on their dreams
- Session are conducted Online
- Coaches can work with people both nationally and internationally
- Deals with crisis, trauma, dysfunction
- Therapist diagnose
- Therapists are seen as “the expert”
- Focus has more emphasis on the past
- Progress, at times, can be painful
- Therapist and client share responsibility
- Therapists focuses on “why” certain behavioral patterns occur
- Online and/or in an office
- A Therapist can only practice within the state they are licensed
What should I expect from The Remembering, life coaching?
Initial Phone Consultation
We talk for 15 minutes about your wants, needs, presenting concerns, and goals for your future to determine if this type of healing would be the most beneficial for you. If so, we schedule our first session.
Before our first session
I email you the paperwork, which includes informed consent, payment information, and a questionnaire. This paperwork must be completed before our scheduled session.
We spend the hour exploring your dreams, aspirations, in addition to getting to know one another. Based on your needs we determine the appropriate frequency of sessions (weekly, biweekly, or monthly).
What is spirituality?
Spirituality is a practice cultivated and created by the individual. Generally speaking, spirituality is the belief that there is something greater than ourselves guiding and supporting us throughout our lives. Spirituality is unique to each and every person and may look different based on the beliefs of the individual. I approach this type of healing with openness and curiosity of what resonates deeply with the person and explore and expand these constructs with loving-kindness.
How is spirituality different than religion?
If spirituality is a practice created by the individual, a group or organization of people forms a religion. Religion is typically structured in a hierarchical manner that consists of a particular set of beliefs and practices of which to follow. Spirituality is not better than religion, nor is religion better than spirituality; instead it is a preference, based on the wants and needs of the individual.